PullTube is a video, audio and playlist downloader for YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Bandcamp, Instagram, Facebook, Dailymotion, Youku, IQY and many others. It looks nice and allows you to download any YouTube or Vimeo video; convert them directly to MP3 and M4A; download playlists or choose only those you need from it. 4K and 60 fps videos are supported. All you need to do, is just copy and paste your link into PullTube’s text field (Command+V shortcut is also supported) or just drag and drop highlighted video URL or thumbnail, anywhere on its window. Smart browser extensions make it even easier.
A powerful video downloading the application, PullTube for Mac comes with a variety of powerful tools and options that enhances the workflow and improves the video downloading process. It provides a reliable solution for users with straightforward user interface and self-explaining tools that works in a convenient and flexible way.
This powerful application has the ability to work with all the video formats including FLV, MKV, WebM and numerous others. With improved link detection features, the users can also drop the link to the videos to the application and it will automatically fetch the videos for download. Customize various settings and adjust codecs as well as enable the MP4 conversion for more convenience. This powerful application also has the ability to download the entire playlists and grab the videos in ultra-high quality. All in a nutshell, it is a reliable application for downloading the videos from YouTube and Vimeo and save them in high-quality results.
Download videos hosted on YouTube or Vimeo to different output sizes and formats
PullTube will start fetching the video data right away so you can see the video name, duration, and a small thumbnail. When configuring a download, you get to select the output quality (highest, 4K, HD or regular with different resolutions) or choose to export only the audio to an M4A or MP3 file.
Via the PullTube Settings panel, you can change the default download location and the default MP3 bitrate (320Kbps, 256Kbps, 128Kbps, 64Kbps). You can also add the quality info to the video’s name and choose to quit the app when all downloads are completed.
PullTube proposes a streamlined workflow for quickly downloading videos from YouTube or Vimeo, provides control over the output quality, and enables you to extract the audio to MP3 or M4A files.
However, during our tests, we have noticed that PullTube has trouble completing the download when handling videos that are longer that 1 minutes. The process stops without any explanation, and you can eventually complete the task, but you need to add the link to download tool multiple times.
Features of PullTube for Mac
- Powerful video downloading application
- Supports downloading content from YouTube and Vimeo
- Ability to grab the entire playlists
- Preserve the original format and the quality of the videos
- Completely customizable environment
- Extract the audio from the videos
- Generate content for iPhone and iPod
- Supports WebM, FLV, MKV, and others
- Enable the MP4 conversion
- Downloading videos in high quality
- Customize various preferences
- Many other powerful options and features
- Version 1.0.8:
- changed default video conversion behavior
- From now on, by default, all encoded, non-mp4 videos will be saved in source format – Webm, FLV, MKV and others. You can change this setting and enable MP4 conversion in Preferences > Codecs tab
- new Preferences checkbox – add newly fetched video data on top of the download list
- improved link detection from file via drag and drop
- drag and drop “video cell row” to Finder to save a thumbnail image
- improved drag-reorder animation in download list
- added Changelog to Updates tab in Preferences
- fixed some video trimming bugs
- fixed a rare crash, when fetching “open with app” list
- fixed automatic update checks
- fixed video duration label for some cases
Technical Details of PullTube:
- File Name: PullTube_1.0.8.dmg
- File Size: 55 MB
- Developer: MyMixApps
System Requirements of PullTube:
- Mac OS X 10.10 or later
- 500 MB free HDD
- 1 GB free HDD
- Intel Core 2 Duo or higher